UNITED STATES OLYMPIC & PARALYMPIC COMMITTEE
Olympic and Paralympic Games Beijing 2022 Rule 40 Athlete Marketing Portal
a. Information We Collect
Information You Give Us
When you interact with our Portal, you may provide information that could reasonably be used to contact you, or to identify you personally, or that otherwise relates to your person (“Personal Information”), such as:
- Your contact information (e.g., name, e-mail address, postal address, and telephone number);
- User name and password;
- Submissions and other information that you send to us; and
- Additional information as otherwise described to you at the point of collection or pursuant to your consent.
Information We Automatically Collect or Receive When You Use Our Portal
Whenever you interact with our Portal, we, as well as any of our third-party service providers, may use a variety of technologies that automatically or passively collect information about how the Portals are accessed and used (“Usage Information”). Usage Information may include, among other things:
- Your browser type and operating system;
- Pages you view and links you click on within the Portal;
- Information collected through cookies, web beacons, and other technologies; and
- Information about your interactions with e-mail messages, such as the links clicked on and whether the messages were opened or forwarded.
Usage Information is generally non-identifying, but if we associate it with you as a specific and identifiable person, we will treat it as Personal Information.
b. How We Use the Information We Collect or Receive
We use the information we collect and receive for the following general purposes:
- To process your registration or acceptance of the PSC or these Terms and respond to correspondence that we receive from you;
- Contact you with surveys, legal notices, and other information that may be relevant to your use of the Portal;
- Maintain or administer the Portal, perform business analyses, or for other internal purposes to improve the quality of our business, the Portal, and other products and services we offer;
- As otherwise described to you at the point of collection or pursuant to your consent.
c. How We Share the Information We Collect and Receive
We are committed to maintaining your trust, and we want you to understand how we may share the information we collect.
- Service Providers. We may share your information with third party service providers that perform certain functions or services on our behalf, such as to host the Portal, perform analyses, or send communications for us.
- Other Parties When Required By Law or as Necessary to Protect the Portal. We may disclose your information to third parties in order to protect the legal rights, safety, and security of the USOPC, our member organizations and the users of our Portal; enforce our Terms; prevent fraud (or for risk management purposes); and comply with or respond to law enforcement or legal process or a request for cooperation by a government or other entity, whether or not legally required.
- Aggregate Information. We may disclose to third party’s information that does not describe or identify individual user, campaign or tactics, such as aggregate website usage data.
d. Your Choices
If you wish to modify, verify, correct, or delete any of your Personal Information collected through the Portal, you may edit your registered user information. In accordance with our routine record keeping, we may delete certain records that contain Personal Information you have submitted through the Portals. We are under no obligation to store such Personal Information indefinitely and disclaim any liability arising out of, or related to, the destruction of such Personal Information. It may not always possible to completely remove or delete all of your information from our databases without some residual data because of backups and other reasons.
e. Data Security
We have adopted security procedures to help protect against loss, misuse, and unauthorized access to the information we collect and receive. Please note that no data transmission or storage can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect the information we maintain, we cannot guarantee or warrant the security of any information you disclose or transmit to our Portal and cannot be responsible for the theft, destruction, or inadvertent disclosure of information.
You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your account password and for any access to or use of the Portal using your password, whether or not authorized by you. Please notify us immediately of any unauthorized use of your password or account or any other breach of security.